Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday card.

Today I made a card for two new (for me) different challenges! So it's the first time I will enter a card to The Ribbon Reel Challenge #30. I just love the colors we are asked to use! We also have to use ribbon and/or lace. Here's the card I made:


A close-up:



One picture taken outside:


The colors used:

I chose different papers for the background. I added some paper lace made with the Martha Stewart punch. I also put some pink ribbon above the lace. I used my Spellbinders dies to make the white frame (Labels Sixteen) and the Floral Ovals for the pink one. The flower is made with a Sizzix die called Flower Layers #7. I added a Crealies butterfly made with vellum and white paper. The flourishes are from the Waltzingmouse Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots stamp set. The sentiment is made with one of the Waltzingmouse stamp set called Half Pint Heroes. I just added some white twine, a cute little wooden strawberry and some white pearls.

I will also enter this card for the first time to the Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #63. This sketch is so beautiful!


10 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Anne Elise, so elegant and beautifully constructed! Love the die cut flower and the framed label, and the butterfly and wonderful flourish!
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the elements on your pretty card, Anne-Elise. Lovely papers, too. And how sweet that you added a strawberry, like the one in the challenge picture x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love all the diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such elegance! Truly breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Elise - So pretty. Love all the layers and layers of die cuts and pretty embellishments! So beautiful (as always!!!) Amazing the difference inside and outside light make - bet it looks even better in person! I love that tiny little strawberry you added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, very pretty, Love the die cut shapes and the little strawberry. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the colors and sketch! I love how the red of the flower is balanced by the red border by the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colors too, and your card is gorgeous. Love the soft plaid , the lace and the bright focal flower. You are going to get snatched up by some DT or stamp co. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Triple love!! The wonderful, soft colours, the textures and fantastic die-cutting. What's not to adore about this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely exquisite - I love all the gorgous die cuts and the way you combined the beautiful strawberries and cream colours. Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight too :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your nice comments!